Our Soft Cheese Making Starter Kit is an incredible addition to any foodie’s home kitchen. It contains the cheese making equipment and cultures you need to make Camembert, Fetta, Mascarpone, Quark, Ricotta & Greek Style Yoghurt.
Here is what you get in the Soft Cheese Making Starter Kit:
- Basic equipment kit
- M mesophilic culture
- T thermophilic culture
- ABY probiotic yoghurt culture
- White mould spore
- Vegetarian Rennet
- 5 small cheese hoops 689
- 5 cheesecloth squares to suit 689
- 2 square cheese hoops 631
- 2 cheesecloth squares to suit 631
- 1 x 3 piece ricotta cheese hoop set
- Thermometer and clip
- 3.5 litre maturation container with draining rack
- 3 litre container for hanging quark etc
- 10 litre cheese vat
- Curd ladle
- Curd knife
- Curd cutting rack
- 3 syringes
- Measuring cup
- Cheesecloth for hanging quark
- Mini cheese culture measuring spoons
- Carry Bag
- Step by step instructions for Camembert, Fetta, Mascarpone, Quark, Ricotta and Greek-style yoghurt.
This kit will not only allow you to make delicious soft cheeses at homes, you can also make farm house cheddar, Edam, halloumi, havarti, blue vein and so much more just by adding a few hoops, some extra mould spore or culture. Home cheese making is cost effective, it is great to know what is going into the food we consume and the bragging rights are huge.
To start the culutring process for some of these cheeses, you will also need a yoghurt maker. You can buy these in our store.
If you are interested in expanding your home cheese making, we offer numerous workshops that teach all of these cheeses and more.